SMS API. What is it?
Today, nearly 90% of developers use APIs. APIs are effective at getting things done faster and at a higher return on investment. An API (Application Programming Interface) is a set of functions that allows applications to access data and interact with external software components, operating systems or microservices. Simply, it is the messenger that delivers your request to the provider that you’re requesting it from and then brings a response back to you. Essentially, it works as a middleman, allowing developers to build new programmatic interactions between their applications.
For example, The USPS Web Tools® API library gives ecommerce website shopping carts and shipping software access to valuable USPS® data. You can check shipping rates, track packages, and schedule a package pickup through USPS Web Tools. It is free of charge.
SMS API Defined
The great thing is that an API can be used for communications like text messaging and programmatic voice. To explain, Short Message Service (SMS) API is a communications interface which allows code to send short messages via a SMS Gateway. It enables text messaging through web frameworks. Therefore, it connects your app to users without carrier difficulties. It allows you to send and receive text messages within your existing web or mobile app.
How Does an SMS API Work?
An SMS API uses requests to send and receive data from a server. CPaaS providers like Signalmash, Twilio or Plivo offer an SMS API. Once you have an account with a CPaaS provider, you can purchase a phone number(s) and configure your application to use the provider’s API. With the API, you can send and receive text messages to your customers from your existing application. An SMS API provides a link between your app and the communications platform, enabling you to communicate with customers by SMS and phone. By using a CPaaS platform, you don’t have to spend a lot of money on building a complex communications infrastructure.
FREE 15 MIN CHAT
What Are the Benefits of Using an SMS API?
There are many benefits of using an SMS API for business communications. Some of the key benefits include:
- Centralizes your customer experience – all communications are handled within your application rather than in several different applications.
- Seamless integration – An SMS API can be easily integrated into your existing application. This allows you to quickly add SMS functionality to your app without developing a communications infrastructure from scratch.
- Cost-effective – Using SMS to communicate to customers, vendors and other business contacts costs less than older methods of communications, both for the company and for the environment.
- Flexible and scalable – You can easily scale your SMS communications to meet your changing business needs.
- Convenient for customers – SMS communications is convenient for customers. Texts can be easily accessed and responded to from your customers’ own mobile devices. And customer inquiries can be answered in real-time.
- Improved customer service – You can provide better customer service by quickly and easily sending essential updates, notifications and other informative text messages to customers.
Ways Businesses Use an SMS API?
The number of SMS and MMS messages sent in the United States has increased by almost one trillion messages. Mobile users in the U.S. sent 2.2 trillion SMS or MMS messages in 2020, up from 1.5 trillion messages in 2017. Any business that requires consistent, streamlined text communications with its clientele is a candidate for SMS API use. From restaurants to schools, airlines, retail stores, banks, and government agencies, practically all organizations can benefit from an SMS API.
The power of an SMS API is in the versatility. The following are some of the ways businesses incorporate an SMS API into their existing software or application:
- Sending appointment reminders – With an SMS API, you can send appointment reminders to customers via your software. This allows companies to reduce no-shows and missed appointments.
- Confirming reservations – You can confirm reservations with customers via your app by sending an SMS. This ensures no misunderstandings about bookings and keeps customers updated on their reservation status.
- Notifying customers of cancellations or changes – You can notify customers of cancellations or changes to their orders, flights, or other arrangements via SMS. This keeps customers informed and prevents them from being stranded or losing out on important information.
- Sending special offers and coupons – You can send special offers and coupons to customers through your app via SMS. This encourages customer loyalty and can result in increased sales.
- Communicating with customers about account status or issues – You can communicate by text with customers about their account status or any other issues they may be experiencing. This allows businesses to address and resolve any customer service problems quickly.
- Sending out marketing or promotional messages – You can send out marketing or promotional messages to customers through your software. This helps businesses keep in touch with their clientele and promote new products or services.
How to Choose an SMS Provider?
SMS APIs are quickly becoming a staple in business communications. If you need a reliable, cost-effective way to communicate with your customers, it is time to find a CPaaS provider. When choosing a provider, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Cost-effectiveness – The cost should match the functionality and options. You shouldn’t pay for features you aren’t using.
- Flexibility – The provider should offer flexible plans to match your specific business needs.
- Scalability – The provider should provide options that are built to scale as your company grows and needs different features.
- Easy to use – The provider’s platform should be easy to use, making it quick and easy to get started.
- Support – The provider should offer excellent customer support, ensuring that you have the help you need when using their API. Ideally, this service shouldn’t be an extra charge.
Choosing the right provider can make a big difference in the success of your business communications. With the right CPaaS provider, you can easily automate your customer interactions and take your business to the next level.
Send SMS using our API
Use Signalmash to transform your business communications. Send and receive SMS messages by incorporating our API into your existing application. We have detailed documentation for developers so you can set up and start sending text messages in minutes. Our support team is on standby to help you every step of the way. Most importantly, we keep up with ever-changing industry landscapes, regulations and protocols.
Signalmash can take care of all your messaging needs. With our platform, you’ll be able to send and receive text messages quickly and easily, with low latency and high delivery rates.
Ask us how you can cut your Twilio or CPaaS bill up to 50%!!
FREE 15 MIN CHAT